End of September - Beginning of October has been a very busy time. We've had Doctor's appt's, getting ready for a baby shower, a baby shower, cleaning up after a baby shower, and Shawn's birthday is tomorrow, we're running all over it seems.
Aiden's baby shower was on October 2nd we had a big turn out and had a lot of fun celebrating with all of our friends and family. It was a wonderful time for everyone who was able to come! P.S. I think we got enough food! LOL Thank you to everyone who brought something, if you'd like some cake please let us know cause we have enough to feed a small village. LOL
Today we had Aiden's doctors appt at the Perinatal Resource center. We got a lot of good news first and foremost being that while I've been very concerned in the last week that I might be getting close to being put on bed rest the doctor doesn't think I'm in danger on pre-term labor. I've been having more frequent and stronger braxton hicks contractions after being on my feet for over an hour, however they do go away once I rest. Also in the past days I've had a lot of discomfort in my pelvic area while walking and standing and a feeling like my hips are spreading apart (Now you see why I was getting worried!?!?!). Doctor says not to worry in the last two weeks Aiden has turned head down, the pelvic pressure I've been feeling is because the little one hasn't been in that area before now so it's a new pulling sensation I'm not used to. He says the braxton hicks are normal and not to be worried about them as my cervix is long, thick, and no where close to being dilating, which in normal speak mean's they've had no effect on my cervix and as long as I rest and get off my feet when I have the stronger one's more frequently, there's no need for bed rest for now. Second my placenta has moved another centameter meaning that while still slightly covering my cervix it's not to the point that I would have to have a C-section for fear of internal bleeding. Third I already mentioned but Aiden has managed to turn head down (Not the worlds most comfortable thing) which mean's he's exactly the way he needs to be for a healthy natural delivery.
However we did get some not so great news, because we haven't seen Aiden's stomach bubble on any of the ultrasounds it's likely that he either doesn't have a connection between his oesophagus and stomach or he has something blocking his oesophagus causing him to to have a swallowing problem. The swallowing problem is causing him to create more amniotic fluid then normal. At our last last appt we were on the high side of normal for amniotic fluid, but still within the normal limit's. At this appt we were slightly above the normal limit which mean's that it's increased in the last three weeks. The doctor said that having a higher than normal amniotic fluid is slightly dangerous for mother and baby and there are a few things that we can do. First is nothing leave everything alone and when I go into labor I go into labor. The down side is that I will probably go into labor around 36 weeks and there is a chance that when my water breaks the umbilical cord could wash out with the fluid and Aiden could die instantly because of it being kinked meaning I would need C-section immediately. Another scenario would be the placenta pulling away from the wall of the uterus causing bleeding meaning I would need a c-section immediately. Second is to do another amniocentesis this time to remove access fluid. Down side is it's extremely uncomfortable and if I have a contraction during the procedure extremely painful. Also there is always a chance that the needle could rupture the amniotic sac meaning I would need C-section immediately. - As of now their not concerned about any of those things as my levels are just barely above the normal range, however if they continue to rise it will be an issue.
All the way around we're very happy Aiden is growing and we both seem to be doing very well. We just have to pray just like everything else that God moves thing's in the direction that he deems fit. It's all in God's hand's and we pray that it's not a decision that we or anyone else has to make, that we never come to that bridge. Just as we pray that we never have to chose c-section v.s. natural, we pray we never have to chose how to deal with the access amniotic fluid.