Sunday, August 21, 2011

Hailey Marie Mares

Well it's official we're having a little girl and her name is going to be Hailey Marie. It's such an amazing feeling to finally have a name for this baby instead of calling her baby, it feels that much more real! Not that I could ignore her constant kicking and poking. LOL. I think at first it was kinda hard for Shawn and I to accept that we weren't going to be having another boy, I think mostly because we always wanted our boy to be the oldest, and he is, he's just not here to do any of the big brotherly things. I think the thought also crossed our minds that maybe Aiden was our only chance at having a boy, and to be honest sometimes it still does. But I know that God has a plan and a reason for everything that he does and I trust in Him completely. Honestly sometimes I think it's kind of a blessing that she's a she just to help give further seperation of this pregancy and the pregnacy with Aiden, to help remind us that everything about her is different from her brother, except her parents and her God. I think after the enitial shock we both got really excited that it's a girl and never really gave much thought to how much we wanted a little girl.

We've had a busy few weeks/months since last time I wrote and amazingly summer is winding to it's end. It seems like just yesterday I found out I was pregnant again and it's already more than half way over. Although I'm grateful for summer almost being over because these tempetures are killing me!!!!! I'm pretty sure I won't be happy until it's 70 degrees or lower everyday, these high 80's and 90's are just not do-able for a pregnant women!!!

We've started making plans for baby girls room, after a lot of hard decision making we've decided to change the nursery completely. It was really hard for me to do this because even though I always called it the nursery and not Aiden's room, and even though he never used anything in there, it felt wrong to change it. I spent an entire saturday afternoon crying and taking all of his bedding and things down and packing away all of the little boy clothes and toys and figuring out what could still be used for a girl. Then I spent the next day getting excited about buying pink bedding and having flowers and other girlie things for her. To say I've been an emotional rollercoster would be an understatement but I'm getting through it day by day and I'm sure someday it won't be this hard.

We finally went out and registered for Hailey as well, and boy oh boy was I clueless as to how much stuff we didn't have that we are going to need. But it kinda makes since, we bought the obvious things for Aiden more as a way to help US through without ever really thinking of the practical things like oh I don't know BOTTLES! LOL it was a lot of fun to go through isle by isle and find things that we needed for her and I think even Shawn was a little amazed at how much we still needed because he kept insisting that we didn't need much. It feels really good to have that done and off my list of things to do, especailly because I didn't want to do it when I was huge and just trying to get it done and forgetting things.

So all in all we're all doing good and moving forward at a wonderful pace. I'm getting super excited about the idea that it's not too much longer before she's here and in our arms. To be honest sometimes that part of it doesn't even seem real that we're really going to be able to bring her home and hear her cry. I guess it'll just take time for my heart and brain to connect on that part of it. I just can't wait to have her here, to see what she looks like, to hear her sweet cry's (which I'm sure later might get annoying at 3 in the morning. But I think even that might take a while to take forgranted).

Well for now I'm not sure of what other updates there are, just a constant reminder that God is good and does and blesses us with amazing things each day. He has completely shown us that "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you get what you need". We're so excited for our little girl to get here and I'm honestly starting to wish that it was December already! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment